On the issue of race the government I feel doesn't do enough. If they do anything it is usually the cause of a big racial issue. We have young African American males getting shot by the police. Therefore, it is irrelevant whether the male did anything wrong or not, the issue gets brought up for everything. So in my opinion not much has changed there.
On the issue of gender the government is involved in the workplace. It makes the other employee,s abide by the laws or they lose their job.
Now for the most controversial issue sexual orientation the government has seen to it that some states have came around on the marriage issue. We all know we live in the Bible belt in Tennessee. Southerns believe in the Bible. It is their way of life. I personally think what people do is their own business so long as it doesn't harm others.
I posted on Taylor Wilson, Stephanie Steele, and Nikki Stair
I completely agree with your point of about the South being more against gay rights due to religious views, and to elaborate on that, I think the issue goes further than just the laws regarding same-sex marriage but further the treatment of gay people in general. We are just recently getting to the point where people are rallying against the unjust treatment of any group of people, especially sexual orientation groups. Whether you find homosexuality moral or not, it should not be protected for people to treat them badly simply because of that.
ReplyDeleteI agree what people do is their own business regardless if we agree with it or not. People should all be treated equally no matter their color, race, age, or anything.
ReplyDelete