Sunday, September 14, 2014

Federalism

 1.) The national government is important , but so is state government as well. The Constitution regulates between the two with these three clauses: Supremacy, !0th Amendment and the Sovereign immunity provision of the Eleventh Amendment, ( which meant the government could not be sued unless they had the governments permission.). Federal law is supreme. as well as implied powers granted through the necessary and proper clause.

2.) "Government is not the solution of our problem, government is the problem.", as Ronald Reagan stated. Reagan eliminated general revenue sharing, cut back on grants, which set fewer restrictions on how the money was spent.

3.) The government plays a big part in education. If not for the grants and loans I receive from the government I would not of been able to go to school for an education. The Department of Health and human Services oversee the Head Start program. Education under federal law still permits unfair issues by allowing a vast disparity in how much state and local communities chose to spend on it.



I posted on : Taylor Wilson
                     Jessica Linzell
                     Stephanie Steele



1 comment:

  1. I would have to say I disagree for the most part but in my opinion, I would have to say that a stronger national government is better for the states as a whole but equality in decisions about education should be dispersed between the states and national government in order to establish appropriate decisions about the material and funding.

    ReplyDelete